Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Don't forget to title your posts...

     Got the pieces for the D5 cut out. It really needs a better name than that. I suppose I'll have to name the miniature one that I am making. This part of the process really wasn't very difficult. The hard part was cutting straight after I had the sides cut out. I got a little excited because I could push them against each other and imagine the final shape. On top of that the heater went off, as it does every morning, when everyone is scheduled to be out of the house. My fingers get stiff when they are cold.

D5 from Bateau.com cut from a single cereal box

      As you can see, unmistakeable boatness. I planned to put it together with scotch tape. I am pausing to think about that, because I believe the frame pieces may be difficult to attach inside the hull.
     It is hard to stop working when you see a task so close to being done, but in my experience five minutes of thought, saves me ten in redoing.
     I hope to get this put together today, but the kids have a half day and I need to do some grocery shopping. Also just got a text that the wife wants teriyaki for lunch. Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment