Saturday, November 17, 2012

Model Looks Good

      Looking pretty good. If I don't say so myself.

Model of D5 boat from Bateau.com next to Boyscout Racer

     Got the last coat of red paint onto the hull. As I was passing through the spare bedroom I realized that the Boyscout Racer I made when I was 9, is the same color red. I doubt the boat will be as fast as the car was.
     Can't decide what I want to do with the paint for the rest of the boat. I may get a wood-like brown for the gunwales and go with white on the inside. I'll definitely buy a better brush this time.
     I was glad to have my mineral oil ready today. I dropped the boat and it flipped, wet side down, onto the kitchen table. A couple drops of oil and a paper towel wiped the paint right up.
     Picked up a couple of new books at the library. One is called, "The Complete Canvasworkers Guide". It shows how to make canvas; tops, bags, covers, flags, and other assorted items. Looks interesting. The other is "The Working Guide to Traditional Small-Boat Sails". If I make my own sailboat, I am sure I'll want to make my own mast and sail. This book looks like the one to help me pick a design and make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment