Sunday, November 11, 2012

Baby steps

Model of D5 from Bateau.com

     Doesn't look like a lot of progress today. I am taking my time gluing the center seat section, because Frame C is warped. I can glue a part of an edge and then I have to wait until it dries before I can push more of it into place and continue gluing. The seat also, is not completely aligned with Frame B, but I believe I can successfully glue it if I set some weight on it.
     I am getting excited for my Dad to see it. I think I may hang it in his shop where I will build the real boat. For now, I'll keep it on the bookshelf in the living room. It should look pretty nice once it is painted. I wonder if I could make little oars or a sail for it.
     Maybe the wife will appreciate the idea of me building a boat a little more, if she sees one I have actually finished, sitting on the shelf. Of course this blog is called Wooden Boat Dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment